Why do I need plants do I need moisture-loving plants?
- In a natural pond, beyond the boggy margin you will usually find an area of damp, moist soil.
- Remember that an artificial or lined pond may not necessarily be surrounded by damp soil suitable for growing moisture-loving plants.
- Moisture-loving plants often do well in a shady area where the soil doesn’t readily dry out.
- Moisture-loving plants don’t like to have their roots in water, but will only grow happily in soil that is normally quite damp.
How do I get the best display from my marginal plants?
- Moisture-loving plants are quite specialised in the conditions for their growth, and many will grow happily in grassy areas.
- We recommend that you plant in groups of several of the same variety with space around them for best effect.
- If you start with three or four clumps of plants, you can always add more.
How do I care for my marginal plants?
- Most moisture-loving plants will spread vegetatively through root growth, so to create a new planting you can always divide.
- When planting, make sure that the roots have as much space to grow as the top growth.
- Don’t plant too close to another plant, leave at least 30cms between plantings.
Buy beautiful plants today
Browse our full catalogue and online shop.